Monday 6 August 2012

about me

This is my first time using a blog, so I thought I'd start slowly by including some info about me and what I do.


Originally from Alice Springs, I moved to the big smoke (Canberra) in 2001 to obtain my degree.

My family include my mother, father, brother, sister, three nieces and a nephew who are located at various locations around Australia, but sadly not in Canberra.

Upon graduation, I joined Farrar Gesini Dunn and found it to be a professional and innovative firm offering intensive training and a work/life balance.

I chose Family Law because it offered an opportunity to work directly with clients rather than simply working with paper. I have found family law extremely rewarding. It gives me a great sense of achievement to feel that I am helping people through a very difficult time in their lives.

I have experience and training in litigation as well as collaborative practice.

I am committed to building trusting relationships with clients and I use my personal and engaged style to develop lasting solutions for clients. I endeavour to achieve out of court settlements where possible, but when necessary litigate to ensure my client’s rights are protected. 

My areas of practice include property settlement for both married and de facto couples, children’s matters and pre nuptial agreements. 

I have found family law to be exciting and challenging and I can’t imagine practicing in any other area.

No comments:

Post a Comment